Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Drilling The Well

The friendly and helpful guys from JR Drilling came today to drill the well. My neighbours in the surrounding area had found water at depths of 50 - 70 feet, so I expected to find it at about the same depth.


The guys drilled and drilled and drilled... all the way down to 180 feet... before they hit the jackpot. At 18 gallons per minute, it should provide me with all the water I'll ever need.


This is all that sticks up out of the ground when they're finished. I put some boulders around it so nobody runs over it. Now I just need to go find a pump with a l-o-o-o-n-g water pipe on it.

3 comments:

  1. Our well, which is on a well share agreement with 5 other people, was over 750 feet through solid rock! We’re up on a bluff, and knew all along how deep it would need to be, but it still amazes me that it is that deep. The blog is great, can’t wait to see the finished home. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my neighbours had to drill 400 feet... unheard of in this part of the country; and you had to go down almost twice as far... amazing! That must have been one expensive hole in the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 42k--but it was divided by the 6 people on the well share. The solid rock part amazed me, but it is business as usual in that area. To run the water lines, a loop of about ½ mile, half of the 6 foot depth of the trench was through bedrock …which is just 3 feet down. The rock is sandstone, so I guess it could be worse…

    ReplyDelete