Saturday, November 24, 2007

Uh-oh. Winter has arrived.


I'm about half done the waterproofing now. The tent n' heater idea is working out very well, except that I can only do about 12 feet at a time before I have to let the next section warm up.
In the meantime, I've been spreading a 4"-10" layer of drainage rock around the perimeter of the foundation. This gives the drainage pipe a nice level bed to lay on, up off the ground; thereby preventing the pipes from clogging up with silt. It also allows me to create a nice, even slope for the pipe from the front of the house to the back of the house. (There is crushed rock underneath that snow, really!)

2 comments:

  1. that looks cooooold.
    and christmas-y too. Good luck keeping things thawed out. Do you think the snow will stick around all winter or will it melt again before winter starts in earnest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too cold actually, only just below zero during the day, down to -10 at night. As far as the snow sticking around... I think it's here to stay.

    ReplyDelete