Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Floor Joists All Done!

Work has been progressing rather slowly this week due to the cold weather... -15 or colder every day. However, I did finally finish installing the rest of the floor joists where the scaffolding used to be.


I've also been working on the subfloor this week. Because the joists in the kitchen area are spaced at 12", and the rest of the joists are spaced at 16" (January 4th post); the joists on one side of the main beam don't line up with the joists on the other side. This means that I've got to make some Z-cuts in some of the subfloor sheets so that all the seams between the sheets are located directly on top of a joist. Like lots of other things I've run into, it's not really a big deal, it just takes extra time.

2 comments:

  1. Left a comment back on your drawings post Looks like you've a lot of work ahead, but its looking good.

    Fred
    One Project Closer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... lets just hope that the work runs out before the money does!

    ReplyDelete