Thursday, March 18, 2010

Plumbing Pressure Test Successful

A few posts ago I was talking about having some difficulties when trying to pressure test my plumbing system.  The rubber o-rings on the cleanout plugs weren't sealing properly.  The solution was to smear a bit of plumber's grease on the o-rings.  Problem solved.

My pressure test is now successful. The building code calls for the pressure test to hold 5 P.S.I. for 15 minutes. Today I pumped in 6 pounds to test it.  This photo was taken after 30 minutes....  still holding tight at 6 P.S.I. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your reply, congrats on your plumbing. I noticed back on your blog when building the stairs you planned to use tile and Schluter. I work for tile company called Dal-Tile and am a Certified Tile installer and inspector. I would love to offer any advise or answer any of your questions when you get to that part of your project. ie. best material, best installation techniques etc..
    Not that you need it but It's always nice when remodeling or building to have an expert standing by. Good luck and look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man... I appreciate the offer. I know Dal-Tile well, and I've spent a fair bit of time on the website. So many choices!

    ReplyDelete