Sunday, April 25, 2010

Electrical Service To The House

The guys from Fortis BC came and hooked up the electrical service to the house last Friday. 

Finally I would have electrical outlets instead of having to drag extension cords all over the place.

I would have ceiling lights instead of my work-light that was constantly falling over and blowing bulbs at $5.00 a pop.


So, Saturday morning I was ready to test it.  I went to the basement and took a deep breath and flipped on the main breaker. 

For a few seconds nothing happened, then......



Naw... just kidding!  There was no sound... no sparks... and no smoke.  I turned on the switch and the lights came on.  It was all rather anti-climactic really. 


But, I did have to play with it for a while...

[click]  Light goes on.

[click]  Light goes off.

[click]  Light goes on.

[click]  Light goes off.

4 comments:

  1. We updated our electrical service a little while ago from the old fuse box we used to have. We got a great guy from eContractorBids.com to come in and do it for us. Luckily we didn't have a BOOM! moment either. Glad to see it is all up and working for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a big moment for us as well. We already had our drywall in place before we got electrical service, so we wondered what we'd do if something didn't work. But we were blessed that we didn't have any problems with the wiring in the walls. It sure was nice to do away with worklights and extension cords!

    Glad your installation was successful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tim! Yeah, I could see how it would be difficult to troubleshoot a problem once the drywall was up.

    I'm taking lots of photos, so that I know which wires go where in case I need that info later.

    ReplyDelete