Sunday, June 20, 2010

Second Floor Subfloor

I've recently finished up the second layer of subfloor on the second floor.  With two layers of 3/4" plywood, the floor feels really solid when you walk on it.  (I did this because I'm putting ceramic or porcelain tile down, and if the floor's not solid, the tile can crack.) 

So, the subfloor is done and the electrical is done in the bathroom and loft area.  I can't finish up the electrical work in the bedroom until I've got the ceiling insulated and covered in poly.  (It'll make sense when I get to that point.)

1 comment:

  1. I am actually a bit amazed at how close this is to the house I just designed this week for us! I would also like for loft bedrooms upstairs, with a bathroom placed almost exactly where yours is..and a hallway /bridge going in between both lofts! It s neat to see your photo's to help me visualize what this could look like! Great job!

    ReplyDelete