Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Housewrap and Rain Screen Inspection

I've finished up the housewrap and rain screen and had my inspection done.  The inspector was happy and I can proceed with my siding installation. 



You can see a couple of areas in the photographs that still show bare plywood.  Those of course will have to be covered in housewrap first, but I explained to the inspector that I would like to do the housewrap and siding all at once while I have the scaffolding set up, rather than do the housewrap and then tear down the scaffolding only to have to set it up again to install the siding.  He had no problem with that, and it will save me some time in the long run.

2 comments:

  1. Hi from Jim and Shirley,
    It looks like the walls match the roof for the time being. When are you planning on doing the siding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello there! Nice to see you again. I'm planning on starting the siding this weekend if the weather cooperates.

    ReplyDelete